“Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass” has been handmade by craftsmen who are recognised as Edo colour overlay glass craft workers at their own factory since our establishment, using the “Pokan method” created by Kingo Nakamura.
The colouring of the glass is made from natural materials. The brightness of the dazzling nature and the vividness of the colour, coupled with the stylishness of the Edo blown into the glass is a major feature of the “Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass”. These glasses are endorsed by many Edo Kiriko craftsmen and sandblast craft artists for a long time.
Kiriko Craftsman's Tweet
It is also manufactured in Tokyo, so this is a genuine Edo color overlay glass! There is a sense of security and reliability.
Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass
Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass is composed of multiple layers of different colours. By applying surface processing using Kiriko’s (faceted glass from Edo period) technique or sandblasting, its polished part increases the transparency and it becomes a beautiful craft glass.
We have been manufacturing and selling Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass for more than half a century. As a result of our research and development over several decades, especially on the good colouring of the glass to be overlaid, we have received high evaluation from our customers. We are confidently recommending our products to leading Kiriko craftsmen and people with a hobby of enjoying glass craft by sandblasting etc.
Nakakin manufactures “Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass” with the combination of the colours below. All glass components are obtained from natural ore and are all due to nature’s blessings as the colouring are the result of metal chemistry reaction.
|Gold Lapis||Gold Purple||Gold Green||Gold Skyblue|
|Gold Pink||Gold Green||Gold Skyblue|
Trial set of "Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass"
We prepared a “trial set” composed of 3 pieces of “Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass” for Kiriko craftsmen and sandblasting craftsmen. For customers who purchase “Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass” for the first time, we ask for purchasing the “trial set”.
The price is 3,000 yen including the consumption tax and shipping fee.
Customers who wish to purchase, please order “Trial Set Request” by fax or the inquiry form of this web site. Please inform us of the delivery address, your telephone number, and the use of the trial set (trimmed craft or sandblasting etc.). We will come back to you after review of your order.
"Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass" for processing
“Nakakin Colour Overlay Glass” for processing is not being sold online. You can contact us by fax or email form as below.
[Flow of order]
- Please contact us by fax or mail form regarding the contents of your purchase.
- We will inform you of the delivery date and estimated price (including shipping fee) of the products you would like by e-mail or fax.
- Please send us a purchase order form by e-mail or fax.
- We will review the details of the purchase order. After this, cancellation is not possible.
- We will send you the conformation of the purchase order by e-mail or fax.
- Please make full payment transfer to our designated account within 10 days before the delivery date stated on the order confirmation letter.
- After the payment is confirmed, we will send the products to you.
[In regard to dealings]
- The dealings in accordance with the “flow of order” above are limited to the customers who have direct transactions with us and are listed on our customer list. Customers who wish to purchase a Nakakin colour overlay glass for the first time, we ask you for purchasing the “trial set” on our website firstly to confirm the quality of Nakakin colour overlay glasses, before we take your order according to the “Flow of order”. We appreciate your understanding.
- It can happen that we cannot meet your request because of the product rotations and discontinuations of Nakakin colour overlay blow glasses.
- If the customer’s order quantity is large or the type is wide, it is expected that it will take longer than the expected delivery date of the customer, so please place an order earlier.
- As a red coloured glass requires special skill in manufacturing, we may ask you to review the order quantity if the quantity is large.
- Regarding products with inventory in our company, we will accept orders from customers as usual, but we will gradually move to custom order production system.
- Nakakin colour overlay glass is handmade using our original “Pokan” method. For that reason, the size, colour, shape, thickness, etc. of our products will not be the same. There is also colour unevenness and small bubbles entering the glass. We appreciate your understanding of it and believe you enjoy the handmade goodness.